Holoholo means to go for a walk, ride, or sail; to go out for pleasure, stroll, promenade.
Living on a tropical island has some benefits– year long warm weather and close proximity to the beach. But one of the biggest drawbacks is the lack of travel options; there are no ferries between all islands and we definitely can’t drive to another island. Our only option is to fly and for a while there was only one airline company servicing all islands, allowing them to control flight prices.
But as of March 15, Island Air is restoring flights to Kaua’i and will continue to fly to most of the other islands. Hooray for some competition and hooray for cheap flights for us to holoholo on Kauai!!
- Thanks to my brother, I’ve been enjoying the gift of a clear head with a recent subscription he bought me for Head Space. I’m trying to take ten minutes out of my day to meditate and think a little clearer!
- Kung Hee Fat Choy! Happy New Year! Excited to eat Chinese food, open red envelopes and go downtown to watch the lion dances.
- February is upon us and i’m already feeling the “lava.” Have you seen Pixar’s short film Lava? It will make you want to be here in Hawaii and put you in the mood to send a little lava to someone you lava. 😘
- One of the perks of being a teacher is having summer break and Passported.com is helping to bring my traveling dreams to life. This beautiful, well designed site is the opposite of any online travel agency; making you feel like you are already on vacation.
- I enjoy making crafts and doing art projects with my seven year old niece. This Valentines day we will probably be making something from this fun site.
- I hate commercials on the radio and I have found the perfect solution for long drives- audio books! I have a subscription to Audible and love it.
P.S. One of us will be holoholo-ing this weekend to pick up goodies for our upcoming box. Hint: if you love Kauai, you will love this box. Subscribe now! 🌺