Everyone loves Hawaii and everyone loves to visit. (Which is why we created My Aloha Post!)
We’ll actually admit that we love when people visit too because not only do we get to see them but we also get to do and see things we don’t normally get to do because we live here.
In the last few weeks we’ve had lots of visitors to play with. Here are just a few of the things we discovered and loved. Hope you get to try these activities next time you’re visiting or playing tourist. No visit in your future? Send yourself a little aloha with one of our limited edition Hawaii made gift baskets.
- Feed the Fish at Byodo-Inn Temple, Deep in the back of Valley of the Temples there is a beautiful Japanese shrine where you almost feel like you’re transported back to Japan. Tip: Bring a few dollars to buy fish food and feed the koi.
- Waihe’e Falls: We were pleasantly surprised to find such a great hike on the way to the North Shore. It was the perfect mix of greenery and waterfall to get a morning workout in while still being easy enough to pack the baby.
- Kahuku Superette: Stop here for their delicious and fresh poke bowls on the way to the shrimp trucks.
- Its probably one of most instagramed places on Oahu but for a good reason, its any easy hike with an amazing view. But to make it even better-watch the sunrise at Lanikai Pillboxes and you will be spellbound.
- I am teacher, so I love teaching people about Hawaii’s rich history and there is no place more grand than the Iolani Palace. Every visitor should see it.
- Played tourist over the weekend and spent a day in Waimanalo and ate the best vegan meal of my life at ‘Ai Love Nalo. It is so good I would bring meat eating guests there.P.S. Friday is the LAST day to order the April box! Feeling like you need to get organized or do some spring cleaning with Hawaii-made gifts? This box is for you!