One of my favorite reasons for being a teacher is summer break but my second favorite is the excitement that a new school year brings; its like blank canvas waiting to be filled with colors! Its a time for change and challenge but also a time be innovative and creative. The best part of the first day of school is getting to see students with their fresh hair cuts, new shoes and their new year motivation to start learning.
- Did you see Instagram came out with stories?! A total game changer for all of us Snapchat users. We’ll be talking about companies we work with and the products we feature sprinkled in with glimpses of life in Hawaii. Catch us on Instagram and watch our Instagram stories @myalohapost.
- Speaking of Instagram, I’ve been totally inspired lately by the organizational efforts of @the_home_edit. If you’re looking for inspiration or just want to see how much more organized they are than you check them out.
- Enjoyed exploring the new Fish House restaurant at Four Seasons Ko’olina. The seafood there was delicious. Don’t miss the seafood tower if you have a chance to go out there, even if it’s just for lunch.
- I enjoy learning new crafts and this summer I had the opportunity to learn the art of lauhala weaving from one my my mom’s good friend’s Aunty Marcia. And let me tell you its not as easy as it they make it look. You can go to the Bishop Museum on Wednesdays and see master crafters at work right outside of Hawaii Hall.
- Just got recently introduced to my new favorite lunch spot- Artizen by MW in the Hawaii State Art Museum. They have amazing salads, bentos and daily specials. They also make their own spam!
- Last weekend I went to a baby’s first birthday and they had the coolest balloon man! He made everything from cute flowers on headbands to wearable Pokemon characters. I would highly recommend Adventure Balloons for any party young or old.