Summer vacation may be ending for some, but at least its summer weather here all year long (for the most part).
Having wonderful weather year round is one of the many perks of living in Hawaii but there are also some drawbacks to life in the islands. One of the biggest annoyances is shipping – there is always an extra surcharge or, more often than not, shipping costs more than the actual item. What really hits home is when websites advertise free shipping, so you fill your cart and put in your credit card number, before learning that the free shipping is only within the contiguous United States or they donʻt even ship to Hawaiʻi (#hawaiiproblems). With that said, we would never trade our warm weather life in paradise (#luckywelivehawaii) for free shipping.
- Honolulu Museum of Art is my go to place when I have Aunty duties, its free for anyone 17 and younger and they also offer free art activities for children; our favorite is the animal scavenger hunt.
- This is embarrassing to admit but I have mildew in the caulking of my shower and no matter how much I scrub it with a toothbrush it never goes away! That was until I discovered Mold Armor Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover; all you have to do is spray it on and the mold magically disappears. I swear!!
- Clever wedding speech/gift – went to a wedding on Saturday night and the best man gave the groom a honey dew melon to prepare him for the “honey do” list that starts with marriage. LOL.
- Had an absolutely amazing week with family and friends celebrating the big 3-0. Turns out 30, for now, really does still feel like the 20s or at least my late 20s. I enjoyed a celebratory dinner or two or three, one in particular with some of my closest friends at the new Ed Kenney restaurant Mud Water Hen. Try their yaki paiʻai or the beet salad served poke style!
- Weʻve been busy this weekend moving and resettling into a different space. As we do, Iʻve been busy reorganizing and redecorating our place. Stopped in for what I thought would be a quick visit to one of my favorite local stores, Soha Living, over the weekend and came out spending way more than I expected. Love their pillows and home decor!!
- As we move Iʻve been trying to keep tidy and keep only things that bring me joy, based on inspiration from our Ikeʻ85 book club that Anuhea and I started this summer. First book of the summer? The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. Daniel thinks itʻs a bunch of fluff but at least my closet is now organized by clothing category and color in an upward slope from left to right…
P.S. Love free stuff? We will be having a giveaway soon- follow us on Instagram or Facebook for more details.