Hawaii knows how to party better than college kids. We have celebrations for every occasion!
I just attended a baby’s first birthday a couple of weeks ago and it got me thinking about all the celebrations, luaus, and parties I have gone to in my lifetime. These events in Hawaii are always a blending of cultures, traditions and generations. I have attended everything from a paniolo graduation party to a filipino funeral and even an Italian wedding. With my over 20 years of party attending research I have come to the conclusion that there are 3 crucial elements to an excellent Hawaii celebration (in order of priority) – food, entertainment and location. Do you agree? If not what other elements would add?
- I can’t believe October is right around the corner. My favorite thing about Fall has got to be getting to eat pumpkin everything. I can’t wait to try some of the recipes that I’ve seen on blogs that I follow like these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies from the Little Epicurean.
- Love this article from last week in the Washington Post on “Why there has never been a better time to be an entrepreneur.” Thank you to all of you who help make our entrepreneurial dreams come true by supporting our small business and in turn supporting the small businesses we feature here in Hawaii!
- With our son Jonah here now the last two weeks have been all about being on his schedule. We haven’t eaten out (a regular occurrence for us) so picking up food and eating in the car is our new luxury. This week we tried the Mahi fish tacos at South Shore Grill off Monsarrat and were blown away by their tacos and homemade chips. Definitely worth an excursion!
- A couple of weekends ago at I set up a tie dye station for my whole family and everyone enjoyed it. We dyed t-shirts, tank tops, blankets and baby onesies. Dharma Trading has the best kits and the colors never fade.
- I don’t usually stay out past midnight but when I do its for a GNO (girls night out) at the newest club in Waikiki- Sky Bar. We had bottle service and a private area but the best thing about the place was you could order food– the mini andagi corn dogs were delicious!
- Super excited to start the #creativesprint on Thursday October 1! It’s a free “30 day challenge to boost your creative momentum.” There’s a few days left to join, sign up here.